Did you know that updating your landscaping is one of the most home value-increasing decisions you can make?
Like updating kitchens, bathrooms, and other spaces inside your home, keeping your landscaping fresh and updated can significantly increase your home’s value.
To get the most out of your home landscaping, it’s helpful to have a deeper understanding of current trends and what future buyers may be looking for — and luckily, we have just the list to help guide your landscaping decisions!
- Nature is Back While having fresh, clean, and organized landscaping is always “in”, the trend of “beautiful undoneness” is making a comeback in a big way. With this direction, we blend controlled and naturalistic elements to create a marriage of letting nature “do its thing”, while also maintaining a semblance of control. This will give your landscape a welcoming, eco-conscious oasis that is also easier to maintain.
- Bring on the Boldness Subtle landscapes may have been the primary focus of years past, but we’re beginning to see a shift to bold design elements. Picture bigger, bolder flora around your outdoor spaces, with contrasting colors and styles. Fun and unique furniture choices can also help to give your space a big, boastful vibe that showcases your (and your home’s!) personality and warmth.
- Love the Earth – and Your Landscaping Sustainable, eco-friendly elements are becoming mainstream very quickly. As a whole, people are becoming less singularly focused on appearances and more concerned with how their landscape choices can impact the environment. Committing to reducing your landscapes’ environmental impact as much as possible will increase your property value for many years to come.
- Functional and Automatic Irrigation One of the biggest trends for the foreseeable future is bringing functionality and automation into your irrigation system. Working with the space (and budget) that you have, while also focusing on automatic maintenance, will go a long way in adding value, ease, and beauty to your landscaping.
- Landscaping for Every Season You put all that work into making your landscape perfect – you should be able to enjoy it for more than just one or two seasons! To get the most out of your landscaping, try incorporating elements like outdoor heaters, awnings, heated pools, pergolas to truly enjoy your outdoor space year-round. When it comes to foliage, try focusing more on trees and shrubs that offer multi-seasonal blooms rather than flowers, seasonally-specific fixtures, or fruit plants.
Ready to get the most out of your landscaping, but aren’t sure where to begin? Let our team of skilled and creative professionals help you get started on creating the landscaping of your dreams!